EOS- Edge Optimized Solution
What is EOS?
EOS is an IoT Gateway software solution that has been optimized for Edge Computing applications. EOS is a fully supported edge computing solution which includes a pre-packaged distribution of the EdgeX Edinburgh v1.0 release, dashboard application software, integrated edge analytics, setup scripts and documentation. The solution also supports leading cloud service providers like Amazon IoT Core, Azure IoT Hub and IBM Watson IoT for hybrid cloud use case scenarios.
- Software validated on Embedded Linux and AMD, Ryzen Embedded Processor (V1000 and R1000) gateway devices
- Software supports both x86 and ARM silicon processor architectures
- Beechwoods’ software team offers customization, system integration and support and maintenance services
EOS is built upon the EdgeX Foundry, a Linux Foundation open source project that offers an interoperable platform and ecosystem of plug-and-play components to unify the IoT edge computing marketplace. EdgeX Foundry is now part of LF Edge, an umbrella organization that establishes an open, interoperable framework for edge computing independent of hardware, silicon, cloud, or operating system. Beechwoods technology partners are leaders in the industry, such as AMD Embedded, LF Edge, IBM Watson IoT, Redis Labs, and GIGAIPC.
Features and Benefits
- Commercially packaged distribution supporting Embedded Linux
- Linux Foundation, Apache 2 project
- Device support for multiple protocols:
- Industrial: Modbus; BACnet; OPC-UA
- Wireless: Zigbee; BLE; Z-Wave
- Message: REST; MQTT; AMQP; DDS
- Additional device protocols supported upon request
- Cloud/ enterprise platform support: IBM Watson IoT, Azure IoT Hub, AWS IoT Platform, Google IoT Core
- Additional cloud platforms supported upon request
- Redis database to persist sensor data at the edge
- Stores application relevant information and allows for alternate persistence storage
- Node-RED integrated for visual display of analytics